Are you on some sort of medication but find it really frustrating to keep a track of the daily dose of medicines that you have to take?
Prescribed medicines are really important to help you in battling any condition or disease. Doctors prescribe these medicines to you and they tell you to take these meds in daily doses. But people have work to do and they get really busy. So how would one remember to take his meds on time given a busy schedule and a long day of work?
There are all sorts of medicine reminders available in the market. They come in many forms. But the best and cheapest way to keep a track of your daily dose of medicines is to install apps in your smartphone that will do this job for you.
Also Read: Best Water Reminder App
There are a lot of apps available in the market, out of which, we’ve chosen a few that are the best and have compiled a list for you that tells about the features and price of those apps. Read on to know more.
What are the Factors that were Considered While Making the List?
- Ease of use: This is the most basic thing to be considered while using any app. Is the interface easy enough to use? What’s the use of an app if it’s so complex that you’re having a hard time figuring out how to use it? So this factor is one of the most important ones.
Also Read: Best Players For Windows
- Cost: Is the app free of cost or its services are paid? This is also important because obviously, from all the available options, people would like to choose the one which costs less and works better.
- Interface: This might be not a very big factor, but it surely is a considerable one. An app with a good-looking interface obviously looks better on your phone. So people might not care that much for the look of an app, but somewhere, it does matter.
- Overall features: Different people have different requirements, and we have considered as many requirements as possible to come up with this list, so different people can find what they’re looking for.
List of the Best Medicine Reminder Apps
Out of all the apps available in the market, we’ve chosen 7 apps that really are the best, and we have kept all the above-mentioned factors in mind while including these apps to the list. Read on,
1) MyTherapy: MyTherapy is a great app for people who need to keep a track of their daily medicine doses.
What makes MyTherapy great is that it has a feature that allows patients to share the statistics with their doctors and family.
Sounds helpful, right?
The app is also totally free and you do not have to pay to unlock any feature. You can create different schedules for different medicines and use its tracker to keep a track of them. And it also has a reminder, which will keep reminding you to take your meds.
Also Read: Best English Language Learning Apps
The app also provides users with a health journal where they can make notes about their mood, and other things.
2) Just Reminder: Another great medication reminder app on our list is just Reminder. Just Reminder has a really appealing and simple interface and using it won’t be hard at all.
This app has a tracker and reminder, which are the most basic two things that you require from your medication reminder app. You can sync the app with google to store all the data and stats in your drive so that the data is prevented from being deleted in case you switch your phone or a malfunction happens.
Different schedules for medication doses can be created for different medicines making it really easy to keep a track of everything.
An additional good feature that this app provides is that it has an option to put a PIN on the app so that no one can open this app without your permission. This app is free to use but you can make some in-app purchases to remove ads that can be a bit annoying at times.
3) Google Assistant: Google never fails to amaze us. With the launch of Google Assistant, a revolution was brought in the field of AI companions. Google Assistant is really helpful and assists users to do a lot of jobs easily.
Some features of Google Assistant are – reminders. You can set any kind of reminder using Google Assistant. Google will do the job for you. You just have to ask the assistant to remind you to take your meds every day at a particular time, and you will be reminder without any problem. Simple? Very.
Also, google assistant is totally free, so you do not have to worry about anything. Moreover, it’s Google – you can trust it with anything man.
4) MedPlan: The reason why MedPlan works is that it is very easy to use and has a simple and good-looking interface. All you have to do is fill in the details related to your medication, like the amount of dose, and just set the reminder. And done! That’s it. But there are some additional cool features that you should know of. You can create a journal to write your progress and to mention things like side effects or allergies to any meds so that you remember all the important points that you need to mention the next time you make a doctor’s appointment. And also, this app is totally free to use.
5) Medication Reminder, Pill Reminder, Health Tracker: Another great app that offers a lot of features and helps you in being healthy.
This app will provide you with features to keep your health in check by tracking your medication schedule and reminding you to keep taking meds at the time you’ve entered the app.
All kinds of pills like medicines, contraceptives, etc. will be taken care of using this app. It also has a Mood tracker and a weight tracker, so you’re getting loads of features in just one app.
There is a logbook where you can see all the stats regarding your schedule and maintain a health journal.
6) Life Reminders: What’s great about this app is that it not only reminds you to take your medicines on time but reminds you to do all your day-to-day tasks on time and never lets you forget anything.
With Life Reminders, you will not forget things like giving out laundry, or buying vegetables, or taking your pills, etc. The app is small in size and has a simple interface that will make it easy to use. You can set different types of reminders along with the alarm tone to be reminded on time.
7) Medisafe: Medisafe always makes good app related to health, and Pill Reminder is one of them. This app helps you track the medicines you take, and also keeps your overall health in check by keeping a record of your blood pressure, glucose, and weight measurements.
This statistic can be helpful when you visit your Doctor and it will provide the Doctor with ease to analyze everything. This app is capable of managing meds for almost all types of diseases. With this app, you won’t forget to take your pills again.
So this was the list of the best available apps for smartphone users to remind them to take their medicines on time. The two best apps from the above list are – Life Reminders and Pill Reminder.
Pill Reminder because- it provides numerous health-related options and its features will you in keeping your overall health in check.
Life Reminders is an app that can be used if you’re looking for a small-sized app that will cover all your day-to-day tasks. Track your meds and stay healthy. Adios!